Effective Business Writing – Programme 1
Writing clearly, simply and correctly.
Are the written communications from you or your organisation creating the desired impression for your brand, or are they destroying its reputation?
Did you know that one in four people prefers to communicate via email rather than face to face, and that this number will increase to three out of four people by 2020? Did you also know that as a businessperson, you probably spend around three quarters of your day reading or composing written communications?
Contrary to popular belief, today’s increasing reliance on technology means that having good business writing skills is not only important, it’s essential.
Our Effective Business Writing - Programme 1 course will give you the practical training you need to improve your English business writing skills. From writing memos and letters to composing emails and writing simple reports, our blended learning approach within a small group environment delivers measured improvement to help you create the right impression with your written communication. Get this wrong, and you risk destroying your brand’s reputation with your customers, staff, internal suppliers and shareholders.
What does this business writing course involve?
Over two days, you’ll complete several practical assignments to put your newly learned skills into practice. You’ll also be given several post-course exercises to complete in your own time. Throughout all of it, you’ll receive personalised feedback and support from your facilitator. By the end of the business writing course, you’ll be able to:
- Overcome common English business writing challenges, including:
- Setting objectives
- Targeting the reader
- Using correct grammar, tenses and punctuation
- Constructing sentences
- Communicating with clarity;
- Create a logical writing structure for better readability;
- Perform routine business writing tasks;
- Edit, proofread and finalise your own writing.
We know that every business is different, which is why our course recognises the different writing outputs, conventions and styles that you may have to take into account when writing business documents within your organisation.
Who should attend the Effective Business Writing – Programme 1 course?
This business writing course is ideal for you if you’re looking to fine tune your English writing skills, or if you:
- Are employed in an administrative position;
- Have had exposure to business correspondence;
- Are a second language English writer wanting to improve your business English;
- Are newly employed and want to learn how to write routine business documents.
Before you enrol on this business writing course, we’ll assess you to see what your current English writing competency is – in other words, whether you need further literacy training or can move straight on to our more advanced writing courses. Our business writing course is highly outcomes-based: after the completion of the course, we’ll evaluate your post-course exercises against your pre-course assessment so that you can gauge the progress you’ve made.
Want to improve your business writing skills? Register now or download our programme to find out more about the course before you decide. Still not sure? Contact us.
- Programme duration: 2 days
- Group size: 14 – 16 participants
- Prerequisites: a score above 40% on our online Business Writing Assessment
- Pre-work: online pre-programme assessment
Aligned to NQF
- Level: 4
- Credits: 5
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595