Business Proposal Writing
Creating persuasive documents
Proposals are a way to persuade an audience through a clear, impactful argument. The best business proposals do this by leading their readers to believe in a problem’s solution through persuasive language, unambiguous facts, and an easy-to-follow structure.
How persuasive are your business proposals?
Our two-day Proposal Writing course is part of our focused business writing programme. Through it, you will develop the competencies to create accurate, convincing and persuasive business proposals that:
- Deliver a business proposition with clarity and brevity;
- Build relationships with your targeted reader;
- Sell what you want to sell!
What will you learn from this programme?
Taking into account the varying styles and conventions that your organisation may have in place, we will teach you the best practices of planning and structuring a scintillating proposal. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify which types of business proposal to use and when;
- Clarify the proposal’s purpose and target market;
- Plan and structure your business proposals properly and more efficiently – saving time and improving the quality of your proposals;
- Implement best practices for a convincing introduction, summary and conclusion;
- Use vocabulary and tone in your proposal writing that is appropriate to its context and audience;
- Edit, proofread and finalise your proposal in an efficient way.
Why should you attend this course?
Our 19 years of experience in training businesses and individuals ensures that our proposal writing programme is highly valuable for four reasons:
- It’s practical – you’ll draft and edit business proposals in class, which will allow you to apply, reinforce and retain all that you’ve learned.
- It’s personalised – set in a small group environment with no more than 14 participants, you will get personal feedback and support for your proposal writing from your facilitator.
- It’s tailored – before you start the proposal writing course, we will give you an assessment to check your current level of writing skills, so that we can see whether this programme will be most beneficial to you.
- It’s measurable – our post-programme assessment will give you measurable results so that you can quantify the progress you’ve made and the skills you have gained.
Who should attend?
Our Business Proposal Writing course is perfect for you if you are in a sales or marketing position, or if you simply need experience with drafting effective proposals. Managers of all experience levels will benefit from it – whether you are a new manager who needs experience compiling business proposals, or you are a senior manager looking to hone your current proposal writing skills.
Want to learn how to write persuasive business proposals? Register now or download our programme to find out more about the programme. Still not sure? Contact us.
- Programme duration: 2 days
- Group size: 12 – 14 participants
- Entry Requirements: a score above 80% on our online Business Writing Assessment, or attendance on our Effective Business Writing – Programme 1 course
- Assessment: online pre-programme assessment
Aligned to NQF
- Level: 5
- Credits: 4
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595