Trainer Development Programme
Training for results
Contrary to popular belief, adult training programmes aren’t only successful because of the material being delivered. Rather, they are enhanced or jeopardised by the trainer who is delivering the material as this is where the biggest impact is made on learning.
So, what makes an effective adult trainer? In short, you need to have a combination of these skills:
- A sound knowledge of adult training theory and principles;
- Good communication skills – in order to connect, convince and inspire your audience;
- Facilitation skills, which allows your delegates to come to their own learning conclusions through experiential exercises;
- Presentation skills to maintain your audience’s attention and make the training material interesting to receive.
Our Trainer Development Programme is a 'train the trainer' course recognising that in the majority of cases, trainers deliver material that they themselves didn’t create. This means that as a trainer, your style may often be restricted, unless you are able to make the content your own. In addition, adopting a 'pull' learning approach where delegates come to their own learning conclusions is more effective for adult training, but demands an advanced skills set from you, the trainer.
Using a tried and tested adult training method, our 'train the trainer' course will provide you with the following skills:
- A practical delivery style – how to use body language and vocal variety to improve your students’ understanding and retention;
- Content and process – how to define adult training objectives and course structure, and to evaluate and measure your students’ progress;
- Facilitation skills – how to guide learners along a structured learning path and measure students’ progress;
- Optimising the learning environment – how to optimise your adult training environment for optimal learning.
How is our approach different?
- It’s personal – we give individual attention to all our delegates, which means you’ll never have more than 10 people in a course with you;
- It’s practical – instead of only focusing on training theory, we give you experiential exercises so you can put into practice all you have learned;
- It’s tailored – we customise the course to your unique challenges and company requirements so it’s more relevant and useful;
- It’s focused – unlike many other training courses, we’re heavily focused on your skills as a trainer rather than the development of course content.
We also apply a sound content development methodology, which will help you save time when you are preparing.
Who should attend?
This 'train the trainer' course is ideal for anyone who’s required to deliver effective adult training, regardless of your level of experience. This includes trainers, as well as subject matter experts, who are technically competent and have experience in a specific area but who are required to impart this knowledge to fellow employees as part of their job description.
- Programme duration: 3 days
- Prerequisites: None
- Group size: 8 – 10 participants
- Pre-work: Online pre-programme assessment
- Level: 4
- Credits: 16
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595