AUTHENTIC Leader Manager (Level 1)
Much has been written on the subject of leadership development and the ingredients needed to be a successful leader. Across all these leadership theories – be it situational, transactional, transformational, principled or any other leadership style – one thread is common: you simply cannot lead other people unless they perceive you as being genuine and sincere. In other words, to be an effective leader, you have to be authentic.
So what does being an AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager mean? It means knowing:
- Who you are – where you come from, your values, beliefs, priorities, emotional maturity;
- Why you want to lead people – your purpose as well as its importance and meaning to you;
- What your individual strengths and weaknesses are;
- Which particular leadership style suits you relative to your personality and character; and
- Recognising the strengths and weaknesses of your particular leadership style.
It’s widely accepted that the performance of an organisation as a whole depends heavily on leadership effectiveness. Without leadership, an organisation cannot grow or sustain performance. Too often however, leader-managers lack the understanding of what leadership development is, and how to apply leadership training and theories in an authentic and genuine way.
Our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 1) course will take you on a journey of self-discovery about your own authentic leadership style, as well as how to improve your ability to lead others. During this leadership training course, we’ll guide you through the basic tools and constructs for understanding yourself and the people you’re leading. You’ll uncover why you want to lead, what it means to believe in what and who you’re leading, as well as what it means to take a genuine interest in people. You’ll also learn that being a successful Leader-Manager is dependent on the success of your individual team members.
What does this leadership development course cover?
Our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 1) course is a three-day leadership training module (2 days, a gap of one to two weeks, followed by 1 day with assignments before, between and after). We base our leadership development course on the principles of authentic leadership, which says that there isn’t one single "best" style of leadership, but rather that successful Leader-Managers adapt their approach depending on their own personal strengths as well by the situation and the individual or team they are leading.
During the leadership training course you’ll learn:
- The different leadership styles;
- Your self-image as a Leader-Manager, and how to discover your personal strengths and weaknesses to be successful as a leader;
- How to be appropriate and flexible in different situations and how to manage conflict;
- Emotional intelligence as key aspect of leadership development, framed by answering the question: who are you serving?
- Communication: how to plan for interactions with your team and the individuals within the team, as well as managing multi-level communications within a matrix structure, between you and your team and between individuals within each team;
- Transactional analysis.
Why should you attend this leadership training course?
With over 18 years of experience and an international reputation for excellence, our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 1) leadership development course is:
- Individually tailored – so that it suits the specifics of your organisation, while still incorporating the common best practices and latest management and leadership theories.
- Practical – involving exercises and workshops that allow you to transfer your newly-attained knowledge, skills and attributes back into your particular work environment.
- Measurable – in terms of improvement to your own competency as a leader, as well as the impact on your organisation and each of the divisions or departments that you manage.
Who should attend this leadership training course?
The AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 1) leadership development course is suited to all current and potential junior Leader-Managers. This includes junior managers, supervisors or team leaders – in other words, managers of people and junior managers of managers.
- Programme duration: 3 days
- Prerequisites: none
- Group size: 14 – 16 participants per group
- Pre-work: DISCus Personality Profile, VITAL Authenticity Assessment
- Level: 4
- Credits: 17
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595