AUTHENTIC Leader Manager (Level 2 & 3)
Much has been written on the subject of leadership in the context of management training and the ingredients needed to be a successful leader. Across all these leadership theories – be it situational, transactional, transformational, principled or any other – one thread is common: you simply cannot lead other people unless they perceive you as being genuine and sincere. In other words, to be an effective leader, you have to be authentic.
So what does being an AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager mean? It means knowing:
- Who you are – where you come from, your values, beliefs, priorities, emotional maturity;
- Why you want to lead people – your purpose as well as its importance and meaning to you;
- What your particular leadership style is relative to your personality and character; and
- Recognising the strengths and weaknesses of your particular leadership style.
It’s widely accepted that the performance of an organisation as a whole depends heavily on leadership effectiveness. This is because leader-managers are responsible for keeping the lifeblood of an organisation – its people – working and performing at optimal levels. Without this, an organisation cannot grow or sustain performance. Too often however, leader-managers lack the understanding of what leadership is and how to apply leadership theories in an authentic and genuine way.
Our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 2 & 3) course is a leadership development programme that will take you on an in-depth journey of self-discovery to help you uncover and define your own authentic leadership style. Through a series of practical learning experiences, you’ll dramatically improve your ability to lead others.
What does this leadership development programme cover?
Our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 2 & 3) leader development programme is a 3-day module (2 days, a gap of one to two weeks, followed by 1 day with assignments before, between and after). We base this management training course on the principles of authentic leadership, which proposes that there isn’t one single "best" style of leadership, but rather that successful leaders adapt their approach depending on their own personal strengths as well by situation and the individual or team they are leading.
During the management training course we’ll cover the following topics in depth:
- What is leadership: Who you are, why you want to lead people, what your particular leadership style is, and what the relative strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style are.
- Emotional intelligence for leadership: How to know and manage your own and other’s emotions and why this is good for profit.
- Unboxing yourself and others: Understanding what your personal prejudices are and what stereotypes you hold as beliefs, and how to stop yourself from applying these in a work situation which can limit a team member’s potential.
- Authenticity: What it means to lead in a genuine way, and the differences between character vs. personality.
- Belief systems: How to face and deal with value dilemmas and dissolving conflict.
- Motivation: What your own motivation is for being a leader, and using situational leadership to harness and leverage the motivations of others. Overall, this leadership development programme looks at the concept of leadership and power: how to use power in order to lead effectively, and how to avoid its misuse.
- Communication: Understanding dialogue as a powerful form of communication, the foundation skills of dialogue, how to plan for dialogue and how to manage the dialogue process.
Why should you attend this management training course?
With over 18 years of experience and an international reputation for excellence, our AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 2 & 3) leadership development course is:
- Individually tailored – so that it suits the specifics of your organisation, while still incorporating the common best practices and latest management training and leadership theories;
- Practical – involving exercises and workshops that allow you to transfer your newly-attained knowledge, skills and attributes back into your particular work environment;
- Supportive – in that it includes individual coaching for delegates that allows them, in turn, to use those coaching skills with the managers that report into them;
- Measurable – in terms of improvement to your own competency as a leader, as well as the impact on your organisation and each of the divisions or departments that you manage.
Who should attend this leadership development programme?
The AUTHENTIC Leader-Manager (Level 2 & 3) management training course is suited to all senior and executive level leaders. This includes senior managers of people, and managers of managers who fulfil middle to senior/executive roles.
- Programme duration: 4 days
- Prerequisites: none
- Group size: 14 – 16 participants per group
- Pre-work: Emotional Intelligence Assessment and VITAL Authenticity Assessment
- Level: 5
- Credits: 18
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595