The alchemy of collaboration
In today’s environment of knowledge workers and sophisticated customers, a company’s success is heavily dependent on leveraging the information and knowledge it possesses. Facilitation skills
that allow a group to streamline this leveraging process are crucial – especially as you move upwards into executive-level group discussion scenarios.
Unlike training, facilitation doesn’t involve a predefined path or a clear outcome
. In meetings like high-level strategy discussions or problem solving sessions, it’s the group that defines the process, the content and the meeting’s outcome. In these situations, a facilitator’s role is to move the group in a constructive direction
in order to arrive at a useful outcome
. So, while a facilitator may provide less input than a trainer, the role is in many ways more challenging since it’s less defined.
Our Effective Facilitation
skills training programme will teach you to facilitate any type of group session, from technical scenarios, like business process re-engineering to more strategic discussions, such as problem-solving or decision-making sessions.
What will you learn on this facilitator training course?
Over three days, we’ll teach you the facilitation skills, tools and techniques you need to effectively guide the content and process of a group session. The facilitator training course will cover topics such as:
Who should attend our facilitator training course?
- Understanding what facilitation skills mean in the context of the modern work environment;
- Knowing the core competencies of a good facilitator;
- Understanding the values, qualities and characteristics of an effective facilitator;
- Planning, implementing and managing a facilitative process;
- A facilitation skills ‘toolbox’ from which you can draw the most appropriate and suitable tools and techniques for a given session.
This facilitator training course is perfectly suited to anyone who is required in their professional or leadership role to assist groups in finding solutions to differing perspectives, approaches, expectations, or objectives. This includes consultants and project managers, managers of all levels, or trainers looking to build on their adult training skills.
Company SETA full accreditation number:
- Programme duration: 3 days
- Prerequisites: None
- Group size: 8 – 10 participants
- Pre-work: Online pre and post-programme assessments